Grape Varieties: Castelão and Merlot
Alcohol: 12,5% Vol.
Winemaking and Ageing
The juice of the harvested grapes is pressed off quickly using a gentle pressing process to keep the wine white. The secondary fermentation and ageing occurs in the bottle for a period of two years before the dégorgement takes place.
During tasting, one is presented with a very fine and creamy mousse in the mouth. It is very complex, with floral aromas and flavours of red fruit. A long and dry finish in the mouth.
Aperitifs, fish dishes or meat dishes.
The storage or keeping conditions of the wine are very important if we want to preserve the wine's characteristics and guarantee a regular evolution for a long time. The storage place should guarantee:
- temperature around 10º-12º;
- some ventilation to avoid fungus proliferation;
- should allow the horizontal disposal of the bottles;
- absence of oscillations and vibrations;
- absence of unpleasant odors;
- bottles should be away from light;
- relative humidity should be high.